We specialize in therapeutic and trauma-informed movement, meditation and yoga as a complementary approach to mental and emotional health and well-being. Therapeutic and trauma informed movement and meditation classes are intentionally designed to offer choice, invitation, present moment awareness, and empowerment to our participants.
This practice is recommended for any body, being or experience. A trauma-informed and sensitive atmosphere and a variety of yoga forms and flows are offered, providing options and choice to support your physical, emotional and mental health.
If you’ve ever thought or said “I’m not flexible enough to do yoga”, this class is for you. All levels of experience are welcome. Class includes mindful, slow and fluid movement focusing on making shapes work, exactly where you are at.
Flow + Restore
Our take on restorative yoga, incorporating options for movement and rest. Class begins with a gentle yoga and winds down with restorative yoga forms with options like longer holds, pause or stillness to encourage rest and restoration.
This practice is recommended for those interested in a slower-paced, gentle yoga class in a trauma-informed and sensitive atmosphere. Practice provides options and choices for movement and tools for supporting your physical, emotional and mental health.
This class is for someone interested in exploring choice with their movement. Class offers guided yet intuitive movement with options, choice and space for empowerment. Our sequences are based in “vinyasa” style, which includes Sun Salutations, functional movement, and invites participants to experiment with accessing their breath to inspire their movement choices.
Our meditation class explores a variety of techniques that are intended to encourage connection with self, a heightened state of awareness and focused attention. Meditation is consciousness-changing practice that has been shown to have a number of benefits on psychological well-being.
Slow and Steady
This practice is recommended for all beings. The practice will provide options for finding gradual, intentional movement and breath support in safe and supportive ways.
Yoga nidra, a restorative guided meditation practice, offers the possibly for ease and peace for your body, mind and soul. You can expect evening of trauma-informed guided relaxation and restoration.
Yin yoga targets your deep connective tissues, like your fascia, ligaments, joints, and bones. It’s slower and more meditative, giving you space to turn inward and tune into both your mind and the physical sensations of your body. On a emotional level, yin yoga helps to release not only physical but mental blockages.
Yin and Yang
A balancing practice for all beings focusing on slow, intentional flow, movement and stretching.
Read our Covid Safety Practices Here:
- Face masks: we no longer require masks to be worn at the Sanctuary but you are welcome to if you prefer. We have extra available should you need one.
- Sanitizing: we have hand sanitizer in our entry way, bathroom, and our mat spray can clean surfaces and skin. If you use studio props, we ask that you sanitize them at the end of class.
- Distancing: on your designated mat spot safe distancing is achievable. Find the floor logos and position in the middle of your yoga mat.
- Best practices: we ask that if you are ill or have been exposed to someone with Covid, please take advantage of our virtual offerings.
- Our commitment: we take the health and safety of our community very seriously. We clean and sanitize the space between classes and adhere to the above practices along-side you. We’re in this together!